TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions
1. The booking shall be deemed confirmed on issue of a confirmation email by South West Transfers to the Client. Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting your booking request.
2. The confirmation email provided is your ticket and will provide a booking reference / invoice number. You may be asked to show the ticket or quote the booking reference to the driver for both the outward journey and return trip. Failure to produce the ticket or the booking reference number may result in the Passengers being unable to board the transfer.
3. The Client will be the primary contact for all matters concerning the booking.
4. The names of each of the Passengers travelling must be provided when booking the transfer. We reserve the right to refuse carriage to any Passenger whose name is not included in the booking confirmation.
5. The Client is responsible for checking all information provided in the booking process and stated in the confirmation email is accurate and complete. South West Transfers will accept no responsibility in the event incomplete or inaccurate information is reflected in the booking confirmation.
1. For bookings through our website, payment must be made online at the time of booking by credit or debit card (MasterCard or Visa).
2. For bookings made via telephone or email, payment can be made by: (a) credit or debit card (MasterCard or Visa) by calling us on +33 (0) 635030171 prior to the transfer date; or (b) cash on the transfer date.
3. All prices are inclusive of French TVA (VAT). Except as otherwise provided in this Clause 3, prices are inclusive of fuel and vehicle fees and the drivers’ remuneration.
4. Prices quoted for all transfers are in € (Euro).
5. We reserve the right to add a fuel surcharge to the cost of a transfer to reflect: (a) any unforeseen and excessive rises in the cost of fuel; and/or (b) any costs incurred as a result of changes in legislation which significantly increases the cost of providing the transfer services.
6. Any refund provided in accordance with these terms and conditions shall only be made to the debit or credit card used for payment.
7. If there are any fare changes necessary after the booking has been made, we will notify the Client as soon as possible. In the event that the Client is not willing to accept the fare change, South West Transfers will cancel the booking and provide a refund.
1. We will endeavour to provide a timely transfer service to the Client in accordance with the details specified in the booking confirmation. However, circumstances beyond our control may not make this possible, in which case we cannot be held responsible for any losses, consequential or otherwise.
2. Circumstances beyond our control include, without limitation, the following:
3. any circumstance affecting the Client’s or driver’s safety;
4. any accident or incident causing delay, whether or not the vehicle used for the transfer is directly or indirectly involved;
5. any road closure or restricted access of the intended route;
6. any delays as a result of weather conditions;
7. any unforeseen traffic delays.
8. any delay as a result of a flight or train being delayed;
9. any delay as a result of our vehicle being detained by police, customs or any other governmental or regulatory authority; and
10. any delay howsoever caused by a third party or parties, including, without limitation, industrial action, terrorism or vandalism.
11. We strongly recommend taking out your own travel insurance. Except as required by French law, South West Transfers takes no responsibility for Clients and their belongings.
12. [Subject to Clause 4.1 and 4.2 above, in the event that we fail to provide a transfer service in accordance with the details specified in the booking confirmation as a result of circumstances which can reasonably be considered to be within our control, South West Transfers shall offer a full refund or a suitable transport alternative for that portion of the transfer which South West Transfers has failed to complete, provided that any refund or compensation shall not exceed the original amount paid by the Client for that portion of the transfer which South West Transfers has failed to complete.]
- CONTACT AND PASSENGER RESPONSIBILITIES
1. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the mobile phone corresponding to the number provided at the time of booking is switched on and usable in France. We shall not be held liable for any costs incurred as a result of being unable to contact you.
2. It is the Client’s responsibility to accurately state their flight departure and arrival times and to supply a valid destination address.
3. Confirmation of departure times will be communicated to up to 12 hours before departure. Please check for messages on arrival at the airport and the evening prior to departure in case we have tried to get in contact with you.
4. Transfers will be provided from and to the pick-up and destination addresses detailed in the booking confirmation. If it is necessary for you to collect keys from an agency or post-box, it is your responsibility to advise us in advance. If no pre-warning is given then key collection will be at the driver’s discretion. The driver will endeavour to locate the accommodation or agency in advance; however, it is ultimately your responsibility to obtain directions.
5. Passengers who misuse, mark or soil the interior of a vehicle will be liable to pay a cleaning charge of a minimum of 50 euros. This charge is payable immediately to the driver.
6. It is forbidden to smoke, consume alcohol or use illegal drugs whilst in our transfer vehicle.
7. We reserve the right to refuse to transport any Passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs or who is acting in a threatening or abusive manner towards the driver or other passengers. Any such Passenger shall not be entitled to a refund.
1. All Passengers’ luggage must be clearly labelled with the Passenger’s name and destination address.
2. Passengers are limited to one main item of luggage. Any oversize or excess luggage must be declared at the time of booking. South West Transfers reserves the right to charge an extra fee for items exceeding this allowance or to refuse to transport the items.
3. Passengers’ property is transported entirely at their own risk and South West Transfers cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage. Each Passenger should ensure that they have appropriate travel insurance
4. In the event that your possessions are left in the vehicle, please contact us as soon as possible to arrange for collection. Items not claimed within four weeks will be disposed of.
1. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
2. South West Transfers must be informed at the time of booking of any Passenger under the age of 18 travelling without an adult in their Party.
3. Child or booster seats are available on request. It is the responsibility of the client to give us notice at the time of booking to ensure availability. We will not be held liable if a transfer cannot be completed due to failure to notify us.
1. Refreshments are available on request and charged as extra. If you would like refreshments, please indicate this on your booking form.
2. Any refreshments must be consumed whilst the vehicle is not in transit (pre-departure or at stops during the journey).
1. Clients are responsible for informing South West Transfers via phone on +33 (0) 635030171 as soon as they are aware of any delays. Failure to do so may result in a cancellation of your transfer.
2. South West Transfers shall not be responsible for any consequences of unscheduled stops requested by the Passengers. South West Transfers reserves the right to charge a 50 euro fee if repeated unscheduled stops are requested by the Passengers. Stops during the transfer for shopping or other non-essential items are not possible unless pre-arranged at the time of booking.
3. Drivers will wait for 60 minutes from your scheduled arrival time at no extra charge. After 60 minutes there will be a charge of 25 euros per hour to cover driver and parking costs, which may have to be paid in cash to the driver upon arrival. After 60 minutes it may not be possible for the driver to continue to wait, in which case we will use reasonable endeavours to allocate you onto the next available transfer subject to a supplement of 30 euro per person or to organise alternative transportation subject to payment by you of any additional costs.
4. In the event that the delay compromises the service to other Clients’ bookings, we reserve the right to suspend the booking and continue with other business.
- 10. CANCELLATIONS AND AMENDMENTS
1. Cancellation by the Client should be received in writing via email at email@example.com at least 14 days prior to the earliest transfer date. Cancellations within 0-7 days of the earliest transfer date will result in the full booking price remaining payable; cancellations within 7-14 days will result in 50% of the booking price remaining payable.
2. Requests for amendments to the booking must be received in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the earliest transfer date. Amendments are subject to availability and additional charges where the amendment results in a change in cost of the transfer. Increases in passenger numbers may require a new separate booking at the current price. Reasonable requests for amendments made within 7 days of the booking may be accommodated at our sole discretion, subject to availability and additional charges.
3. In the event that a request for an amendment is refused, the Client is entitled to cancel the booking, subject to the cancellation terms outlined at Clause 10.1 above.
4. A missed transfer will be considered a “no show” and will not be refunded.
5. Confirmation of departure times will be communicated to up to 12 hrs before departure. We normally allow at least 2 hours for check-in at airports plus the normal transfer time, however we reserve the right to adjust departure times as necessary. Transfer times to and from airports are given as a guidance and are available on request. If you would like to specify a departure or arrival time outside of these guidelines we will use reasonable endeavours to accommodate your request. If we agree to a “preferred departure time”, we cannot be held responsible for any missed flights, delays or other consequences of such amendment.
- SHARED AND SHUTTLE TRANSFERS
1. The Client agrees and acknowledges that waiting time may be necessary in the case of a shared transfer and should expect to wait for the last Passenger for the relevant shared transfer to arrive.
2. For shared transfers departures from an airport, South West Transfers reserves the right to alter the scheduled pick-up time if other Passengers’ flight arrival times so requires.
3. To the extent that any Passenger travelling on a shared transfer is delayed with the effect that the Passenger shall miss the departure time, the driver shall be entitled to leave the airport without such Passenger, in which case South West Transfers shall use its reasonable endeavours to allocate that Passenger onto the next available shared transfer subject to a supplement of 30 euro per person.
- RESCHEDULING AND ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORT
1. If your flight or train is diverted to an alternative airport or rail station we will use reasonable endeavours, subject to our schedule, to provide the Client with an alternative. Additional costs may apply and will be quoted at the time of re-schedule.
2. If through circumstances beyond our control we are unable to complete your transfer, we reserve the right to arrange alternative transport. Such alternative transport provider will be fully registered and approved.
3. In the event of a third party supplier being contracted to provide the transfer on behalf of the client, we are not liable for any actions or the consequences of any actions of the third party supplier whilst the client is in the care of the third party. The Client shall accept and travel under the public liability insurance of the third party supplier and any claims arising during the period of the time the Client is in the care of the third party supplier must be directed to the third party supplier.
1. These terms and conditions are subject to and governed by French law.
2. All information provided during the booking process, including contact details, will remain confidential and will not be shared with any other person, other than for the purpose of completing a transfer.
3. Any dispute between a client or third party and the Company that is not resolved by an agreement acceptable to both parties shall be referred to an intermediary. If this is not successful then the matter shall be dealt with through process of the French legal system.
4. The Company may update the website and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
Get In Touch
Southwest Transfers the convenient, comfortable and reliable way to travel around the Southern French Alps. Private and shared airport transfers to get you to your chosen mountain resort safely.
+33 6 35 03 01 71